Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Acta Non Verba

Philosophers and theologists devises the world in two orders : the actives and the contemplatives.

When I was younger, I was on the active side.  And this is the part of my life in which I remember most victories.  I was athletic, outgoing, extrovert, life was just there for me to take.

But at one point back then I stopped to reflect.  I thought about all those books that lies out there.  All those people who wrote all those brilliant books and shared brilliant ideas.  All things that, back then, I had no clue they existed.  And I wondered if I would live my life and pass by all those wonders.  All those things that I will never know.  Literature, philosophy, science, theology, strategy, economics, politics and everything else.  I had a thirst for knowledge.

So I set to start reading all those books.  Before that I never had time to.  Now, I took the time.  And I read, and read, and read.  At some point I got caught in a behaviour in which I would rather sit down and read than going out and doing things or meeting people.

To strike a balance is the key. Read and learn, but apply! Do, create, move, shake, build, improve.  Do something.  Do it for yourself and not for others or for a mere company that doesn’t give the slightest peace of crap about you.

Go out there and do your stuff.  Plan and make projects.  And make them happen.  Use your knowledge at best of your capacity.  Don’t hide behind a book.

Because we live in a material world.  Either you want it or not.  And in such world, actions rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment