Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Praise for education

I'm just out of my exam.

This is the one that gives me a license to do part of the work I am studying for if I pass.

The exam did not go well.  But I always say that so...

I calculated my mark to be around 66% at best.  We'll see.

Anyway.  What I wanted to comment about it is the actual performance of writing the exam.  I was in such intense focus during the exam. I came aware of it at one point.  And I said to myself.  Even if you pass or not.  You should continue on studying for the remaining of your life.

Why?

Because it is so good for the mind.  You force it to learn something then focus on vomiting all you know in and exam afterward.  It`s like weight training for the brain.  And since we loose millions of neurons every day.  I am sure that, if someone use his/her brain a lot to learn new stuff,  the rate of decay must be much slower.  I have no proof of that but logically...

I see so much people every day engaged in small talk while sucking on their cigarettes in their break at the office.  I am sure that they could use their time more... efficiently.  And healthily.  This is a judgement from my part I know.  Who am I to judge their actions.  But never the less I strongly believe that learning something new year after year all along your life is good for your health. 

Studying year after year... slowly but surely.  The Japanese have a word for that.  Kaizen. This means "step by step" or "little by little".  In other word they mean that, by improving one small bit at a time,  in the long run, the change will be tremendous. 

You'll get better off most people both on knowledge and on brain health on average.  And I don't even go on telling what it can do for you and your career if you appear to care for one.  This is just one other manifestation of getting an edge which, in strategy, is so important...

... Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment