Saturday, January 28, 2012

Comment on "In praise of Enemies"



Vincent Mancini: [in the helicopter] I'd like to take Joey Zasa up in one of these and drop him. 
Michael Corleone: Joey Zasa is nothing. He's a small-time enforcer. He bluffs, threats, but nothing. You can see him coming a mile away. 
Vincent Mancini: We should kill him before he kills... 
Michael Corleone: No! Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment. 


I don't read much blogs.  I don't have much time.  But one of the three that I read every day is sebastianmarshall.comhttp://www.sebastianmarshall.com/

One of his latest very inspiring post is "In praise of Enemies".


This is very inspiring and I recommend its reading to any ones.  But don't just read it.  Meditate on it.  And then act on it.  I surely started.  There is people in your life it seems that you are often the one that has to deploy energy to maintain their relationship.  If you don't call, if you don't invite them... they vanish.  I got rid of those.

There is people that you know but are not actual friends... I got rid of them.

And then there is those friends.  Normally you can count them on one hand only.  Those that even if you are too busy to call them or see them.  You know that when you are going to see them again, you will take it where you left it.  Those I kept.

Having made a cleanup of my friend, let’s focus on the enemies now.  They are few but they are strong.  In the past I didn't paid much attention to them.  I was despising them, paying very few attention to them.

That was my mistake.  Because they didn’t.  They were very active in my back and took advantage of leniency.  They added ground over me.  And while my friend (the ones that I taught were friends) didn’t pay much attention to me if there were not much for them in there, in the meantime my enemies were paying acute attention to me.

My bad.  Mea Culpa.

I was blind but now I see.

I will pay much more attention to my enemies now that my “friend’s cleanup” is done.  Because the energy I was deploying into lame friendship will now be reallocated into deceiving my enemies.

Thanks to Sebastian.  If I ever go to Asia one day I’d like to shake hands with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment