Saturday, August 25, 2012

Case study: Nadine

One good example of what I just explained in my previous post is the case of Nadine.

Nadine is a girl I know.  She's a nurse.

Now not only does she works in a field that is highly on demand with a continuous aging population, but she also managed to take a specialized course in feet care.

Now don't ask me what feet care is like.  I don't have a clue.  All I know is that this is a niche within the health industry and she sensed a demande in feet care.  She took the courses thhat cost her several thousands of dollars.  But it paid off.

She have a full calendar of appointments.  And she is making tons of money working for herself when she is not scheduled at the hospital.

She has other means of income than the hospital she works for.  And this is exactly the embodiment of what I mean
 when I say that one must not depend solely on one source of income.

Nadine is a single mom.  And I am sure that, as any single mom, she struggled at times to raise her child.  But Nadine has a house and a car and everything that goes with it.  She was able to maintain her standard of living by being wise and understand that nothing will come to her, not even a steady pay check from the hospital.

She took the bull by the horns and he won!

Way to go Nadine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment