Saturday, August 25, 2012

My learning experience update

This has been a week now that I study.  I am something like 60% thru the topics.  This not going well.

I am questionning my entire strategy here.  Some times you have to make a step back and assess what is the objective again and see if the strategy undertaken is still the good one.

For my part... I'm not sure.

The objective I pursue is protection.  Get yself an insurance policy against a employment market that can get rid of me at any times.  Because lets face it.  We are all expendable in the corporate world.  Today you're a hero, next thing you know there is a change of manager and this one hates your guts and next you're a zero.  This is the way it is way you don't hold the final decision about your means of income.

So the idea is to give the employee a very good job  A professional one and provide genuine solutions to its problems.  Be part of the solution, not the problem.  But at the same time, work into developing an alternate source of income.  Be not dependable on a sole source of revenues.  This is stupid strategy.  Diversify.

So the course I undertake was to open a door to advancement in my corporation.  A new field of jobs that is denied to me right now because I don't have the papers they require.

But what is the big Why?  Why do I do this?  Is this for the job itself?  Or is it for the insurance policy that I will be able to change job fast if ever something happens to me?  And the answer is the lather.

So am I engaged into the right track?  At the shortest I will get this certification in 1.5 years or 2 years.  This is to say that my insurance policy would be activated in two years from now.  So what happens next week?  And the week after that?  What happens from now until two years?

I am exposed.

And this is not good strategy.

I made a mistake.  I put all my eggs into the same basket which would provides its fruits only in two years.

There is other ways to get my insurance policy in place.

Getting a second job part time
Reimbursing all my debts on a fast track pace
Getting a cushion.  A emergency fund
Talking to people.  Networking.  Getting myself known so if there is a problem, opportunities would be at my grasp.

That is the conclusion I came to yesterday.  I took the entire day of yesterday.  And I am very proud I did.  It opened my eyes.

So now I am not going to trow this course out the window.  I will continue on studying.  But the outcome of the exam will be of no major relevance to me.

If I pass, I will pursue at a slower pace and develop some of the solutions I came up with above.

If I fail.  Then I will abandon that idea and pursue more than one, if not all, of the above solutions I came up with at a faster pace.

We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Best part of the text:

    "I am exposed.

    And this is not good strategy."

    ReplyDelete