Monday, August 20, 2012

The bet I took

I took a bet with myself a few months ago.  I have this finance certificate that I wan to do.  I know that this will open doors for me on new jobs opportunity (in the mean time that my own business kicks off).

Because you see.  This certificate will provide me with a joker in my cards.  This will open doors on jobs I didn't have access before in my own firm.  And this also represent a wonderful employment insurance policy for I know that, having that certificate, I will be able to find a job in any financial company there is.

The problem is... I have absolutely no time to study.

But I have to do this course if I don't want to stand still.

This is a distance course.  So I can study on my own pace.  There is ten courses to take and as per the education center, it takes from three to six months each courses on average.  Now I don't want to take three to five years to complete the curriculum.  It would deceive my purpose of moving as fast as I can.

So here is the bet I took.  As per the education center, this course should take at least 45 hours study.  I took one week vacation.  My exam is scheduled for August 27 at 1h00 PM. This means that there is seven days remaining.  I made absolutely  no study so far except reading and high lighting the books.  If I put five yours a day study on this, I should pile up 35 hours study.  I will get short as per their proposed requirement.  But I am a fast learner and I count on it.

That is the bet I took: piling up study hours and trash the exam in one week.  If I succeed, I will do the same with all the other courses.  So I should be able to do something like one course each two months or so.  May be less (two weeks reading and highlighting, one week study then exam = course done in 3 weeks). I should finish the curriculum in one year and a half (may be less) instead of the three years minimum they suggest.  (This is still long by my standard for I would like to have the certificate like... yesterday.  But never the less, its better than five years).

That is a challenge I know.  But I'm in it now and there is no turning back (I already paid for the course).

I will report my advances and findings here.

No comments:

Post a Comment