Thursday, December 23, 2010

Grand Strategy

The Grand Strategy is the basic purpose. The root. The why I want to engage in any endeavour. Any subsequent objectives are subordinate to the purpose of the Grand Strategy. Some may want to call in their life meaning or their true calling. What ever.

My Grand Strategy is to become an Übermensch. I want to be a model. First to my kids. And then to my community or anybody that would recognize what I do and what I want to achieve.

Since Nietzsche was not very clear on what is a Übermensch anyway, I designed it for myself as

"One who is totally free and independant. One that realise is dreams, what ever they may be. One that grows, learns and always push further. Aiming higher, farther and stronger."

In the day to day life this can be transpose as the realisation of what ever objective I choose to follow which is in accordance to the Grand Strategy. For example. Going to work in the office every morning is not following my Grand Strategy. I do it because it serves a very pragmatic need for now: it pays the bills. But in time, I will have to leave my job and fly on my own. Because being my own boss is in line with getting power and bringing me closer to be a Übermensch.

Seams familiar? "Anyone has dreams and wants to fill them" you would say? But how many really do? How many puts the steps forward day after day to get closer to their dream? Or just postpone in favor of the rat race? Way too many people. So while fulfilling my dreams ( I should say while fulfilling my destiny), I want to become the "possibility". A lighthouse in the fog. An inspiration to my kids. And when I am talking about dreams, I am not referring to getting from an appartment to a house or buying a better car. I am talking of huge dreams. You know the ones that you keep in your mind and don't tell anyone because you are afraid of being laughed at? Those are the ones I am talking about.

So this is it. I want to learn. Grow. Increase my power. And fill my dreams (which I have many).

No comments:

Post a Comment