Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Physical health as a competitive edge in life strategy

We ear everywhere that it it important to keep a good health to watch what we eat and all. It's all true. But I came to some conclusion at 40 that I could not have foreseen in my 20s.

People my age I see and encounter are mostly all the same: overweight, tired lacking ambitions and energy. When I was in my 20s, all the people around me were fresh, young, full of blood. They were thin with strenght, stamina and energy. People had dreams and ambitions. They were fun people. Now where have they gone? Oh! They're still here! The only thing is that they've lost their polish. Does it have to be that way? Of course not. So why is it? I leave that question open.

What I came to realize is that, beside all the benefits of training and having a good health, since the average people of my age are overweight, lacks energy and stamina, then I'll be better that most people if I train. This statement is true. I live to tell. There is not a week in which I don't receive praise about my body, my shape and my health. "How do you do it?" is the most common question I get. And the answer to that is Nike simple: "Just do it".

My body and health gives me a competitive advantage over most people my age. I get more focus time during the day; I run faster after bus and subways; I get more responses from women. And if I believe the statistics, it is likely that I will outlive most of them.

So you want a competitive edge on people of your generation? Get fit! It's a short term and long term strategy. Not only you will get now the benefit of a healthy body. But in time, you will be better off most of people in your generation.

Take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment